A general Dentist in Victoria, TX provides routine dental care to patients of all ages. General dentists may perform basic hygiene treatments, as well as certain cosmetic treatments. General dentists typically treat and maintain the teeth and gums, as well as diagnose most dental conditions.
What Services Do General Dentists Offer?
General dentists offer a wide variety of services. In addition to providing those treatments that are specific to general dentistry, they also perform treatments that address your cosmetic and restorative concerns. For example, if your smile is suffering from severe discoloration and decay, your general dentist can help. They can treat your cavities, remove damaged enamel, and provide teeth whitening treatments.
General dentists are able to provide you with routine dental checkups, cleanings, and treatments. These routine services help to protect your teeth and gums from cavities and decay. They also help to keep your smile healthy so that you never have to worry about developing gum disease or losing your teeth.
General dentists see patients of all ages and patients having a variety of dental issues. They see patients who are considering their options for improving their smile, and they also see patients who are experiencing dental pain and looking for relief from this pain.
What Type of Advanced Training Do General Dentists Have?
General dentists receive training similar to that of other dentists. However, they receive training in a broader range of procedures. The additional training they receive enable them to perform the following:
- Root canals
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
- Dental veneers
- Dental fillings
- Oral surgery
- Mouth guards
General dentists can perform routine dental cleanings and exams. This is essential for maintaining good oral health. During your routine cleaning, our dentist will:
- Remove plaque and tartar buildup from the surface of your teeth.
- Examine your gums for signs of inflammation or disease.
- Measure the pockets around each of your teeth.
- Take digital X-rays to check for signs of tooth decay, bone loss, and infection.
- Check your jaw for signs of teeth grinding, which can damage your enamel and irritate your temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
- Apply a fluoride applicant to strengthen your teeth.
- Apply polish to help remove surface stains.
- Recommend treatments to improve your at-home oral hygiene routine.
To find out more about the dental services offered at our dental practice, call (361) 578-3544 or go online to schedule a consultation. You can also visit us at 102 Professional Park, Victoria, TX, 77904.